Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hooray for May!

YAY! Spring is FINALLY here!! Although this winter seemed shorter and more mild than the previous years, the last little bit seemed to drag out and was very close to torture. But, it's over now, and the nicer weather is here, and I am looking forward to days at the beach, picnics, bbq's, having the windows open, flowers, sunshine and sunkissed skin. :)
In the meantime, we have been spending time outdoors when we can, even if it means still wearing a jacket. At least it's not layers and layers! May is a busy month here in our home, and this May even more so. On top of Mother's Day, Austyn's birthday (17th) and mine and Andrew's anniversary (15th), my mom, sister and I did the Mother's Day craft show at NMU. It went well for it being our first time, it was kinda slow, but not too bad. I guess in years past it has been MUCH busier (according to the other crafters who have been there before). So, we will go again next year I'm sure, and hope for a better turn out. It was fun though and I am looking forward to the Christmas craft show in December.


So, as I said before, we have been spending more and more time outdoors, weather permitting, and really enjoying it. Hudson, especially seems to be very fond of the outdoors. We usually go for a walk or over to the park for at least a little bit everyday. As soon as we step outside he is all smiles. He is very curious about the outside, as you can see from the picture above, where he found a leaf. He is just too cute. I love to watch him explore everything around him.






Austyn is signed up for football this year. And this time, it's not flag, it's tackle, the real deal. :) He is pretty excited about it, and actually, I am too. So, he is trying to be prepared, somewhat, and decided that when we go to the park, he needs to bring a football to practice. Not a bad idea. I admire his ambition and drive for the things he really loves to do. (I just wish he had that much ambition for his chores! haha) So, he and Andrew threw the ball around for a bit.



This is me (and my mom in the background) and my boys on Mother's Day. I just LOVE both of them soooo much. As I said, I did the craft show with my mom, so it was awesome that I got to spend Mother's Day with her. She is, hands down, the best mom ever. I could not have asked for a better mother. She is my best friend, my support system, my advice giver, listener, teacher and SO MUCH MORE! So I was glad she was here for the extended weekend. The show went well, Andrew and Austyn were VERY helpful with the house and Hudson, they came to visit us at the show so I didn't miss them too much, and they even got me a really great gift from a vendor there that I absolutely L.O.V.E.! We walked down to Aubree's Pizza for dinner, then down to Lower Harbor park for a bit, then back home to relax. I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day. I am so lucky to have 3 wonderful guys in my life. They mean the world to me.


And lastly, Austyn's art was featured in the DeVos art museum during the Children's exhibit. I was so excited for him and so proud of him. This is the second time his art has been chosen to be in it. Last time was a painting, this time it's a sculpture. He is very talented and seems to really enjoy art. I think it may be time to get him into some art classes. I want to encourage him to continue with his creative side. So, the picture is him with his art. His was a little embarrassed because, well, he is just at that age now where it's embarrassing to go places with your parents, especially when they want to take pictures. Haha. He will just have to get used to it, these are the kinds of things I want to always remember.
So, I hope you all had as wonderful of a Mother's Day as I did. I can't wait for next years. There aren't many days that are just for me around here, so I really cherish them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment