Friday, May 20, 2011

AUSTYN TURNS 11!

May 17,2000 at 6:30 a.m. I was admitted to the hospital and tried to prepare myself for the birth of my first baby. He wasn't supposed to be here until May 23rd, but I was excited to have him coming early, especially on the 17th, my lucky # and softball #. My labor wasn't really that long, or particularly hard (especially to what I would experience 10 years later! :) We didn't know if it was going to be a girl or boy, but I just had a feeling it would be a boy, and I was right! At 6:33 p.m. that night, Austyn Andrew Tabbert entered the world at 7 lbs, 4 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. He was so perfect. His head was filled with fuzzy black hair, and his 10 tiny toes and 10 tiny fingers were the smallest and cutest things I had ever seen.

From the time he was born, Austyn has always been an "easy" kid. He is fun loving, well mannered and polite, smart, thoughtful and kind and has a wonderful sense of humor and personality all around. He has given me challenges along the way, but what kid doesn't. But, I do have to say I am lucky and grateful to have had the honor to be the mother of such a wonderful kid. He is an all "A" student, has lots of friends, loves his family (especially his baby brother), very helpful, athletic (which I really love since I am too) and almost always makes a good impression upon meeting people. (he is an eleven year old boy after all, haha)

So, this year we didn't do a birthday party for him. I have given him a party EVERY year since his first one, and decided it was time to slow down on that. We told him last year that he could only have one every other year from now on. He was ok with that. I did make cupcakes for him to take to school on his birthday, and we also made a cake at home for him that night, in addition to his dinner of choice, spagetti. So, I still did my best to make it special, without going all out.

Here are some pictures of him opening his gifts in the morning. Of course, Hudson had to be a part of it too. Austyn didn't mind, and it was very cute. Enjoy. :)


A cool new shirt. Hudson is just noticing that something is going on over there.


Some more clothes...(I know, boring, mom!) I can't help it, his birthday is the perfect time to get him stocked up for summer clothes! Hudson also got more into it, and helped unwrap these last ones.


And, a video game. Finally! something cool. "Thanks mom"! haha. And then there's Hudson, confused that it was over so soon.
I love my boys, both of them. I can't believe it's been 11 years since I had my first "little" boy. They grow up SO fast. It's kind of sad. But it's been so fun watching him grow into a young man. And I am so proud of him, I couldn't have asked for better kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment