Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all had as wonderful of a day as we did. We woke up this morning to a smiling happy baby, and the day just seemed to get better and better. We all got up and got ready for church and headed out. After church, it was back home for me to hide Austyn's eggs for him. This was the first year in many that he actually wanted to color eggs. I think he forgot how fun it was, because when we finished 12, he said..."that's it"? haha. We had a lot of fun together. So, Andrew dropped me off after church so I could get them hidden. Austyn is aware of the Easter Bunny situation, but he still has fun looking for eggs, and presents!

When we got all done with that, it was time to start my first attempt at a "formal" Easter dinner. I have mastered Thanksgiving, but had never done Easter. I have never cooked a ham. And I know, they are already cooked, but you still gotta "season" it and throw it in the oven. I am not a huge fan of ham, but Andrew is, so that is why I cooked it to begin with, and I wanted it to turn out good. And..... it was DELICIOUS! A success! I am quite pleased to say that I am turning into quite the good cook. :) Along with the ham, we had... redskin potatoes with butter, garlic and herbs (YUMMY!!), corn and biscuits. It all turned out very good, and was done right on time. I also made an "Easter basket cake". Which, 1. I forgot to take a picture of, and 2. not that sad that I didn't get a picture because, of course, it didn't turn out quite as pretty as the picture in the recipe. But, isn't that always the case? Not really a cake decorator either, not really my thing I guess. Oh well, it tasted good, and that's all that matters, right? (it wasn't THAT bad, I just am not satisfied with my work unless it's PERFECT, that's just me, though.)

We had our neighbors over for dinner. So, there was 8 of us total. Hudson slept right through dinner, which was actually kinda nice, especially since he gets around pretty good now. I was able to eat all of my dinner at once, while it was warm. :) Jen, our neighbor, brought me a beautiful Easter Lily, pictured below, and I loved it! I used to buy my mom an Easter Lily every year at Easter, but have never gotten one myself, so it was really nice, and kind of extra special for me since it brought back the memories of Easter with my mom that I have missed out on since I moved up here.

After dinner, Jen went home along with her oldest son, and Andrew and I took her two youngest kids on a walk with our family. Hudson absolutely loves to be outside, he just can't get enough. He smiles and screeches and coos, it's so cute! We walked up to the school and let the kids play at the park for a while, then did a little loop back around to our house. The day was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the kids were so well behaved, I really could not have asked for a better day. So, again, I hope you all enjoyed your holiday as much as us. Please enjoy a little taste of our wonderful day with the pictures below. :)




My beautiful Easter Lily. It smells wonderful too!!



Hudson in his Easter outfit. Too cute for words really!




Our family photo before church this morning. Thank goodness for self timers!

No comments:

Post a Comment