Monday, May 30, 2011

50 Random Facts About Me...

I rarely, if ever, do a blog about just me. I don't even know who reads this, or what they want to read about when they do, but I figured I would mix it up a bit from the normal "family life" blog. Don't get me wrong, I love my family more than anything, and like writing about us, but I thought something different would be a fun, nice change. So, I decided to post some random facts about me (as the title states) that whoever reads this may or may not have known. So, here they are....



1. My birthdate is December 15, 1978.
2. I am the oldest of 5 children. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.
3. I lived in the Grand Rapids area until the 8th grade, when we moved to Benzie County (near Traverse City).
4. I moved to Marqette in 2007.
5. My favorite color is green. Followed closely by pink and orange.
6. My favorite flowers are sunflowers and carnations. Daisies are a close second.
7. I have only been to 2 concerts in my life, both of them were Gary Allan concerts, and I would go again anytime. He is amazing!
8. I can't decide if I like summer or fall better. I love the heat in the summer, but fall is beautiful and I like the smell outside during the fall. :)
9. I make lists for almost everything I do. Which, some may say is more work than what the list is for, but I like to do it, and I actually need to do it.
10. Even with my lists, I forget stuff.
11. I was a cheerleader in high school for basketball and football for the entire 4 years. Captain most of the time.
11. I ran track in high school for one year and fastpitch softball for one year.
12. I only weighed 97 lbs. when I graduated high school!! Kinda weird!
13. I can't decide on just 1 favorite food, I like so many things.
14. I LOVE cheesecake. So much that when I was a little girl, I didn't have birthday cakes, but cheesecakes instead, courtesy of my awesome mother.
15. I am allergic to latex, demoral, walnuts and random fruits, like bananas, kiwis, papaya..
16. I can pop my hip in and out, it's pretty gross actually.
17. I have had 5 surgeries on my left knee.
18. I love to go fishing, out on the lake, rain or shine, warm or cold.
19. I can swim, and love to,but have a fear of jumping off of boats, docks or anything else floating in the water that I will have to swim back up to. I will only enter and exit the water on foot, from and to the shore. PERIOD!
20. I have never been to college, but wish I would have gone.
21. When I was a little girl, I wanted to go to school to be a vet. Of course.
22. If I could go to college now, I would probably choose forensic science. I would love to be a forensic scientist or crime scene investigator.
23. I love scary books and movies, but have found out the hard way it's dumb to watch them alone, day or night! haha
24. I had my first child at 21 years old, and waited 10 years to have another one!
25. My mom and my sister are my best friends.



26. My non-relative best friend lives in South Carolina. We have been best friends since high school, talk almost daily, and we are proof that distant doesn't matter for TRUE best friends.
27. I have never been any further west than Iowa. Lame, I know.
28. IF I EVER get to go on a real vacation, I want it to be Hawaii.
29. I hate to have my picture taken.
30. There are rarely any pictures of me without my tongue sticking out.
31. My best subject in school was English, although you probably couldn't tell from my writing skills now. :)
32. I HATE clutter.
33. I'm one of those people that usually tells it like it is. Some people love that about me, some hate it. I have learned over the years though, that there are ways to say what needs to be said without being hurtful, usually.
34. I bit my tongue off when I was a little girl, jumping from the couch to the coffee table. Gross!
35. I hate shopping, all kinds, unless its for my kids or my husband. I can always find a million ways to spend money on them, but never myself.
36. I have never wanted to be a stay at home mom, until recently. And even now, I just wish I could be home at least part time. Not sure I would want to be a full time stay at home mom.
37. I have recently discovered that it's harder than you think to come up with 50 random facts about yourself. hehe
38. My hair is naturally curly (more like wavy actually), I just straighten it every day, and I hate it!
39. I do not like politics AT ALL!
40. The only sport I really like to watch on T.V. is football, and I LOVE IT!
41. I have never been on an airplane.
42. I think a cruise would be cool but I am terrified of huge ships, I don't know why.
43. I am more afraid of june bugs than any other bug, except maybe spiders. It's close.
44. I have had 5 cars in my life. They were all either white or red. strange.
45. I have 3 tattoos.
46. I love the smell of gasoline. So weird.
47. I am still afraid of the dark, or maybe what's in it. Not sure, it's just creepy.
48. I love the 4 seasons, but not a huge fan of winter time. After the first snow, I'm over it!
49. I get excited over stupid things, talk too fast and laugh at inappropriate times, but that's what makes me ME!
50. I probably could have come up with more things about myself, maybe more interesting, maybe not, but I always have a million things running through my head at once, so this is what you get! HA

So, there's a little about me, hope you enjoyed it. Maybe I can get Andrew to do one next, although I doubt it. :) We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment