Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer fun.

Whew! It's been a while since I have done a blog. Totally slacking on it. But, it's because we are busy. With life. Work, activities, family time, getting ready for baby... you know, all the good, important stuff. So, the blog got put on the back burner for a while. But, i guess, I should do an update, so I can record how awesome of a summer we are having. :)


Ahhh, the beach. Lake Superior. So beautiful and fun. The beach has been a favorite destination for us this summer. Huddy loves it. He loves the water, the waves, the sand, all of it. He chases birds, throws rocks and sand into the water for as long as you will let him, and will "swim" until his teeth are chattering and his skin is freezing to the touch. He is out little water baby for sure. I'm thinking swim lessons are in order soon. Can't live this close to the water and not take swim lessons. I feel so lucky to be this close to the lake. What a wonderful place to spend good, quality family time.


Brothers, having popsicles together. This picture is so awesome. I absolutely love it. Hud loves being with Austyn. And Austyn has been so helpful this summer with Hudson. With me being very pregnant, it's been hard to keep up with him, especially in the heat, and Austyn has done a really good job helping out, and this picture is a good example of that. There is such a big age gap with these 2 that I was very worried they wouldn't bond, but it doesn't appear that this will be a problem. I love my boys!!!

Ahhh, me and my big pregnant belly. This was for mine and Andrew's anniversary. We were going out for a little date night of dinner and whatever to celebrate. I was excited to have a date and so I dressed up and made myself all "pretty". It was also my first "belly picture" of this pregnancy. I guess it didn't turn out too bad. Andrew and I have been married for 3 years now, and going strong. We have our moments, like any couple, but nothing that can't be worked through. I love my husband, for so many reasons that I just don't have the time to list right now. I love our family. I love our life together for what it's been already and where it's going. I couldn't have asked for more in a husband, marriage or life. Things really are great. I'm not really the mushy type, and don't like to post all this rainbows and roses stuff, but I just felt I needed to get this out there, for whoever reads this, everyone or no one. Mostly for me, him, US, to look back on in years to come. So we can see where we were, how far we've come and remember all the good, bad and indifferent.

This picture of Hudson and Andrew is priceless to me. It's at Harlow park, across the street from our house. Another favorite summer destination for us this year. Hudson is totally obsessed with the slide. And fearless. Andrew is the one who has to take him down, repeatedly, since, well, I'm pretty big at this point. haha. This picture just captures how much fun they both have, and just the love of father for son and son for father. I absolutely adore this picture. Andrew has also been very helpful during my pregnancy (as he should be, hehe) with Hudson, Austyn and the housework. I had a rough pregnancy (as stated in a previous blog) and it required a lot more out of Andrew to keep this family and household going strong. Not to brag, or "toot my own horn" but I really do a lot around here to make our house a home and keep the household going (so does Andrew) so it was A LOT for him to have to take on, on top of his "duties", when I just couldn't keep up with my "duties"at times. I cannot be more grateful to him for all of his hard work and understanding. Again, he's an awesome husband. I'm gonna go with the best, even. Although, my opinion might be biased. ;)

My brother Chad, his wife Libby and my niece Caitlin came up to visit on their way from Louisiana to Alaska. It was nice to be able to visit with them, since we usually only see each other once or twice a year. Anyway, we tried to get some fun stuff in while they were here, and one of the "events" was a trip to the Children's Museum. This is Austyn "blowing his hair back" with some wind power. HAHA. This picture cracks me up. He will probably hate me for this in a few years, but that's ok. It's awesome.

And here is Austyn at the beach. He is really growing up fast, into quite the handsome young man. This was one of our first trips to the beach this summer, and it was a little cold for the water still. Austyn got ALMOST all A's on his report card again at the end of the school year. He got one little B and was NOT happy about it. A hard lesson in life I guess. Next year is a new year, a new start, and I guess he will have to hit the books a little harder this time. I told him, it's only gonna get harder to maintain all A's from here on out.  He signed up for football again this year. I'm excited for that to start. He has also been riding his bike 2 miles a day for a few weeks now in an effort to "get into shape" and prepare for football season. We are very proud of him for doing it and sticking to it. He even gets up and does it first thing in the morning, before it gets too hot to be able to do it.
Another favorite activity (mostly of Hudson I think) is sliding down his slide into his pool. We also have a sprinkler for him to run through that he loves. Thank goodness for our super awesome neighbor for letting us use her yard for our water activites in the summer, since we don't really have one. Austyn likes to go out and play (I think) with Hud in the baby pool. Again, they get along really well and I love to watch them "play" together. Austyn is just really, really good with him. Better than I could have expected or asked for. Although, he does have his moments when he likes to pick on Hud and make him scream. But, I guess that's to be expected, with any siblings from time to time, no matter how much of an age gap there is. Can't have it all I guess.  :) It's all in good fun, even if it's not fun at the time.
So, to wrap it up...... We have been having an awesome summer. Beach time, family time, great weather ( a little too hot for me at times, but it's better than snow I guess) fun activities and lots to look forward to. We have been busy working, playing and getting ready for this baby. I had a baby shower last week, that turned out really nice. Great company, food and gifts for the baby. We are so grateful for the wonderful family and friends we have. Everyone has been so helpful too.  Her bedroom is done, and everything is in place for her to be here, we are just waiting on her. :)  The c-section is scheduled for August 29, so a little over 5 weeks from now!! That's coming up fast, but I am ready and counting down the days!  I'm excited to meet her, and excited to be done. Things have gotten better towards the end of this pregnancy, and I am grateful for that, but I am ready to be done. For good. Then, our family will be complete. I am sure the next blog you get from me will be about a new addition to our family. I can't wait!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures of the brothers together. Can't wait to see the dynamic when you add a baby sister to the mix! And, Woo!, you're having a baby this month!! Your pregancy has flown by for me . . . but probably not for you. You're so close!

    ReplyDelete